Exemplory case of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a particular kind of art that will help to comprehend the present-day history also to understand how the primary tendencies of social development in past times were formed.
Write about formation of styles at the beginning of essay
The looks of classicism, which developed in Western European culture at the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules while the axioms of plot construction, reflecting the thought of orderliness and perfection for the universe, nature and culture.
The “sensitive” literature of sentimentalism that emerged within the last half regarding the eighteenth century was designed to show and educate on examples and pictures that can cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided because of the proven fact that all evil can be overcome.
Within our literature as much as the start of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing one another and pursuing the same goal: to create society perfect, by affirming the logical principles of morality and also the rules of human behavior. How to achieve this goal into the philosophy of classicism were understood to be the assertion regarding the supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and were according to a definite division of creative designs and genres. The theorists of classicism paid unique attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies when the basis for the plot has been important historic occasions, and actors – the gods and strongest of the world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. These were related to the “high” genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered pictures could only be contained in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed the definition of “low” genres. Obligatory observance of this unity of time, place, action and guidelines of constructing tragedy and drama with visibility, zygote, growth of action, culmination and resolution limited the chance of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the text of cause and effect, clarity expression of the main idea of the job. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to use the way of creative expression. Attention to household details, a description of emotional experiences, the image for the inner realm of guy and his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel notes can be found in the literary works. The introduction of sentimentalism greatly expanded the possibilities of artistic prose and managed to make it more democratic: the eye of both writers and visitors had been the fate of a regular individual, clear, near, causing interest and compassion.
In summary of essay give brief comparison of styles
Therefore, the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism is really as follows:
- The main topic of the image when you look at the works of classicism are essential, significant events that determine the fate of an individual who is obliged to obey the established purchase as well as the determined span of events.
- In the heart of attention of writers – sentimentalists – the inner realm of heroes, effective at deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is really a literary trend in which the basis associated with the artistic technique may be the division of works into “high”, “medium” and “low” genres.
- Sentimentalism does not have such a division, because its task would be to teach the sensory faculties, using an array of visual means for this purpose.
- The key genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic tale, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres characteristic of sentimentalism really are a novel, letters, diaries, travel records.
- Classicalism argued educational some ideas on the basis of the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of https://eliteessaywriters.com heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They thought that educating a single individual, it is possible to enhance the whole society.